Website: http://ethiopia.deeds.utoronto.ca (username and password: “student”)
Description: It is well known that the monuments of Ethiopian art have been, and remain, difficult to access by students and researchers, not to mention by the general public. This database uses the advantages of computerization to make a catalogue raisonné of their photographic collection of Ethiopian art and culture accessible to the academic community via the World Wide Web. The database and accompanying catalogue are under a continual state of construction and improvement. Presently, there are over 11,000 images in the system and more are added regularly. This new database will serve increasingly as an indispensable resource for the investigation of Ethiopian art and culture.
- Michael Gervers, Department of Historical and Cultural Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Ewa Balicka-Witakowska, Department of Linguistics and Philology, Uppsala University
- Diana Spencer, Image Contributor
- Paul Henze, Image Contributor
- Fiona McEwen, Image Contributor
- Travis Capener, Digital Database Developer