Digital Humanities Grant Writing Workshop
- Elspeth Brown, Historical Studies, UTM
- Carla DeMarco, Communications & Grants Manager, UTM
- Alexandra Gillespie, English & Drama, UTM
- Steven Hermans, Social Sciences & Humanities Research Manager, FAS
- Suzanne Jaeger, Research Partnerships & Innovation Manager, UTSC
- Matt Ratto, Faculty of Information
- Sarah Scott, Research Funding Officer for Social Sciences & Humanities, VPRO
Wednesday 9 May 2018, 1-5pm
Jackman Humanities Building, 170 St. George Street, Room 1040
Do you have a digital humanities research project in mind, but require funding? Does your project require computers and software, developers, and/or digital methods? Come to this grant writing workshop to receive advice from tri-campus research officers and faculty on how to write a successful grant application for digitality-based research projects.
In the first hour we will have short presentations and discussion from research officers on the various requirements for Tri-Council and other funding agencies. In the second hour we will have short presentations and discussion from successful grant holders on their best practices for writing digitality-based grants. In the final two hours of the workshop we will have hands-on grant writing to assist attendees with their projects. We strongly encourage attendees to have projects in mind before attending the workshop.
This event is free but registration is required due to space limitations. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.