Building on the success of last summer’s hybrid training series, the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) in summer 2024 will be offered in-person with with institute lectures available online as well.
Week 1: 3–7 June 2024
Week 2: 10–14 June 2024
The training will take place at the University of Victoria.
DHSI is an annual digital scholarship training institute that takes place at the University of Victoria. Every summer, DHSI brings together faculty, staff, and students from the arts, humanities, library, and archives communities as well as independent scholars and participants from areas beyond. DHSI provides a community-based environment for discussing and learning about new technologies and how they influence teaching, research, creation, and preservation in different disciplines.
For 2024, CDHI is pleased to offer tuition ($500) and travel support ($750) for three participants from CDHI. Eligible participants include:
- Budgetarily appointed University of Toronto faculty members and librarians at the University of Toronto, including research stream, teaching stream, and CLTAs
- All postdoctoral fellows at the University of Toronto
- Graduate students enrolled at the University of Toronto
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- University of Toronto Affiliation
- Brief description of your current research and/or pedagogy, especially as it relates to the critical digital humanities (250 words max.)
- What specific course(s) or workshop(s) do you wish to take at DHSI? Please include a first and second choice
- How will attending DHSI support your research and/or pedagogy? Please be as specific as possible about short-term benefits (250 words max.)
- Curriculum Vitae
UPDATE! DEADLINE EXTENDED until Friday, 10 November 2023, 5:00 pm EST
Deadline: Friday, 27 October 2023, 5:00pm EST.