Deadline: Monday, 24 April 2023, 5:00pm
Are you looking for more training in digital humanities tools and methods? CDHI is offering tuition support for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, faculty, sessional instructors, and librarians to attend this training program at the DH@Guelph Summer Workshop series scheduled for May 9–12, 2023.
Registration is now open! You can register at this link and contact dhguelph[@]uguelph.ca with questions.
This year they are experimenting with offering some modular workshops alongside their usual 4-day workshop format. See below for details on short workshops (full-day or half-day), three-day workshops, and four-day workshops.
The short workshops are:
- TEI Basics
- Introduction to Linked Open Data
- Introduction to Zotero
- Introduction to Research Data Management (RDM)
- Introduction to Voyant
The three-day workshop is:
The four-day workshops are:
- Approaching Media Archaeology from a Digital Humanities Perspective: Introduction, Tools, and Techniques
- Data modeling and TEI customization
- Introduction to Python Data Analysis
- Introduction to TEI Text Encoding and Editorial Workflows
- Synchronicity: Play, Participation, Process, Product
- Making Connections: The Semantic Web for Humanities Scholars
You can find all workshop details on the DH@Guelph website.
For 2023, CDHI is pleased to offer tuition (up to $500) for five participants from CDHI. Eligible participants include:
- Budgetarily appointed University of Toronto faculty members and librarians at the University of Toronto, including research stream, teaching stream, and CLTAs
- All postdoctoral fellows at the University of Toronto
- Graduate students enrolled at the University of Toronto
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- University of Toronto Affiliation
- Brief description of your current research and/or pedagogy, especially as it relates to the critical digital humanities (250 words max.)
- What specific course(s) or workshop(s) do you wish to take at DH@Guelph? Please include a first and second choice
- How will attending DH@Guelph support your research and/or pedagogy? Please be as specific as possible about short-term benefits (250 words max.)
- Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: Monday, April 24, 5:00 pm