The CDHI’s vision is to forge a new paradigm of digital humanities scholarship at that emphasizes the issues of power, social justice, and critical theory.
We are connecting and supporting a large and active network of critical digital humanities researchers across U of T. A new mix of research workshop and design atelier, the CDHI is equipping humanities researchers and students with the technical and design expertise to use digital tools to ask new questions, share new knowledge, and analyze power and inequality in historical perspective.
Our strategic goals include building the critical digital humanities research network across the three U of T campuses—and beyond—and amplifying research and research translation. The CDHI Blog will provide a home for reflecting on our efforts towards these goals. From reports on events and interviews with visiting scholars or workshop facilitators to book reviews, research briefs, and reflections on new currents in critical digital research.
In the weeks ahead, we will publish:
- a reflection on the first CDHI Praxis Workshop of 2021-22 and an interview with the workshop facilitator, Arun Jacob
- an interview with visiting scholar, Marika Cifor
- an event report on our second Lightning Lunch on November 15, where Bhavani Raman, Tia Sager, and Marcel Fortin will join Elisa Tersigne to share their engagements with DH and the spatial turn
- an event report on our third Lightning Lunch on December 7, where CDHI graduate fellows Mariam Karim, Carina Emilia Guzmán, and Taylor Thorton will join Elisa Tersigni for a conversation on ethical and culturally safe approaches to DH
- a bibliography of critical DH resources
- a dialogue about approaches to ethical and culturally safe DH, building on the Lightning Lunch
We look forward to sharing all of this and more as we continue to build the CDHI network. We welcome blog contributors from across the University of Toronto and beyond.
If you have an idea for a post, please contact our Managing Director Danielle Taschereau Mamers, email@example.com